Saturday, July 30, 2011

Current projects

Way back in January I wrote about about the Zendulum,a Solarbotics product,and that I was going to make my own version.Well,it was one of those projects that was started but never finished and eventually abandoned.I'm taking another shot at it,have built the circuit and the rails the ball rolls on.The magnetic ball I haven't ordered yet but am wondering if a steel ball coated with very small magnets would work too.
Next project in the making are Arabic style lamps using coloured pieces of Acrylic.I just started the first one.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Headbot.......take four

Well it seems that my latest headbot after been put together doesn't function,so I have to look into that.
Meanwhile I tried another headbot circuit:the Power Smart Head V3......and yes it works on the breadboard.Maybe,because this one works different mechanically,the result will be better.
The circuit and batteries will be sitting on the motor shaft in this one.Fingers crossed then........

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Headbot ........ take three......

After two failed attempts to build a functioning headbot I'm now working on what is hopefully,third-time-lucky, a new one.So far tests on the breadboard were hopeful so now I have to translate that to the freeform circuit and more important:have it work correctly mechanically.....